Adults may train every weekday from 6:30-7:30pm, and Saturday morning.
Monday - Thursday 6:30p to 7:30p
Friday 6:30p to 7:30p but contact Sifu your intention to train.
Saturday morning 10:00a to 11:30a
Mon - Thurs. 6:15pm is a good time to appear if you want to try a class or just check out the school.
Weekdays from 4 to 6p are usually busy with children's programs, unless it is a school holiday.
One time fee of $50 for uniform (shirt, sash, pants)
$90 / month
No startup up fee or initiation fee
No payment contract / no direct debit
How to Get Started:
Show up in loose clothing and sneakers.
Take a free first class.
Show up again and work hard.
What to Expect:
- Warm up of running, leg swings, punches
- Stretches of big muscle groups, instruction of stretches to do at home
- Pushups, crunches, leg lefts, all with variations
- Basic kicks; advanced kicks come as you progress
- Stances to develop endurance and leg strength, sweeps, heavy bag work with gloves, and later handwraps
- Technique drills, strengthening of wrists, hands, and forearms
- Forms, and understanding of moves within the form
- Breathing exercises and meditation
- Drumming and later how to build agility and awareness through lion dance
- Discussion of the cultural roots of Kung Fu
- Sparring, after demonstrating sufficient strength and control
- Backward and forward rolls
- Self defense comes through hard work, working with others with control, making techniques your own, and of course sparring.
- Invitation to perform at public and private events, performance is encouraged but not mandatory
- You will learn, over time, with hard work, how to become stronger, faster, slimmer, smarter without equipment.
- Expect to sign a liability waiver, otherwise, there are no contracts, and no financial time obligations.
Sifu Abdur-Rahim Muhammad, or just "Sifu": email@example.com, 202-232-2387.
Ask about our free after-school programs and full-day summer camp for DC children 5 to 13 years of age.